click here for Schedule of Events
The MSU College of Veterinary Medicine will open its doors from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on April 13 and 14 for its annual Open House at the Wise Center, located on the south side of campus off Spring Street. The April 13th program is for pre-registered school groups and on April 14th, anyone in the community is welcome to attend.
The Open House, celebrating its 26th year, allows children and their families to learn about animal health and behavior while having fun. One of the primary goals of the program is to open the world of veterinary medicine through exhibits, demonstrations, and presentations.
Family-friendly activities to look forward to include:
· Public Health Demonstrations: learning how to collect samples and use protective equipment; disaster response info, decontamination demonstrations
· Canine Activities: Demonstrations in microchipping, dog restraint, and basic dog care. Examples of radiographs and healthy body structures.
· Equine Activities: Horses available for petting; Displays on horse food and horse breeds; horse shoeing demonstration and “Painted Horse” demonstration
· Bovine Activities: Milking demonstration; Displays of cow tools, stomach structure, and cow products; “Holey Cow” demonstration
· Lots of great Displays on veterinary medicine, animal behavior, career options, and much more!
· Petting ZooNew this year is the Teddy Bear Suture program – children are encouraged to bring in their “injured” stuffed animals for repair.
Please contact Brandi Van Ormer at (662) 325-0465 to learn more about this free event or to pre-register a school group.
Open House slide show
Schedule of Events